No dog too big or too small for our extensive range of dog kennels and villas. All our kennels are available in a choice of either a painted or natural finish.
Please click on pic to view more.
More About Our Kennel Range
Man’s best friend deserves a nice little cozy place to snuggle up during the day when you are not home, or protect you at night while sleeping outside. As the saying goes, “Home is where your heart is” Wood Concept endeavors to provide a large range of kennel options to meet the needs of all our furry friends.
Our kennels are available in various sizes and designs. They are manufactured from kilned dried pine PAR (planed-all-round) timber for the framing structure and tongue & groove
(T & G) material for the walls and floor. This T & G material ensures a smooth finish on the inside and out as well as being aesthetically appealing. We proud ourselves in not using wet-off sawn or rough timber as it can pose a safety risk with splinters and does not facilitate the finish that we aim to achieve.
The roof is made using OSB board and covered with a material that is waterproof and UV stable.
No short cuts are taken when it comes to the painting of our kennels:
- A knot sealer is painted onto every single knot. This greatly reduces the chance of resin discolouring the paint.
- Oil based wood primer is then applied to the exterior of the dog kennel, followed by a universal undercoat and two coats of acrylic gloss paint.
- All our paint is sourced from Sabre Paints which we have been using for the last 15 years. In our experience it has added to the longevity of our kennels with minimal maintenance required.
- Every component goes through this paint process prior to building and assembly.
- The inside of the kennel is unpainted.
Our natural finish kennels have two coats of Waksol applied to the exterior. Waksol, as the name indicates is a waxy residue which penetrates and soaks into the texture and fiber of the wood as oppose to some varnishes and wood sealers which just sit on the top layer. The benefit of using Waksol is that the kennel does not need to be sanded down during the maintenance process. Simply apply a fresh coat every 8-12 months so that your wood does not become dry.